Updated: Oct 20, 2020
Today being Valentine's Day and a holiday all about love, I figured it was time to reveal my favorite fictional couples. I mean we all have our OTP's who we will forever swoon over. It's a natural thing for any bookworm to find those ships we would die for - no dramatics required.
For me, favorite couples don't necessarily even mean good ones. They're just ones with interesting dynamics and habits, even the messy ones. I don't know if all of these couples should be together long term, but the relationship I read about spoke to me in a way.
So here I will be breaking down my favorite fictional couples from books that I've read in no particular order. Buckle up for all the gushing.
Disclaimer: This blog post will contain affiliate and referral links. I may earn a small commission to feed my book hoarding tendencies if you use these links to make a purchase. This in no way impacts my opinions of the books listed - they are all my own.
1. The first couple that comes to mind for favorites is Celine and Bastien from The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh. This story is darkly fantastical in a modern tale of vampires. These two have chemistry from their first scene together even if they aren't particularly fond of one another yet. This book was one of my favorite 2019 reads and because of that they became one of my favorite 2019 couples or maybe even of all-time.
2. Vicious and Emilia are another favorite couple that I recently read about. They aren't from some super popular series but rather a KU romance titled Vicious by LJ Shen. Their story is so conflicting and angsty that they deserve a place on this list just for that. The contrast they provide to each other is incredibly intoxicating to the reader. I loved their characters and how who they were as people impacted their relationship.
3. I also adored Mica and Charlie from The Penalty Box by Odette Stone. I read it first even though it was technically the last in a standalone romance series. Saying that, it was by far my absolute favorite. I'm a sucker for a good fake relationship trope and this book delivered. It has all the gooey fluff you want and the romantic issues you crave.
4. Everyone knows that Romanov by Nadine Brandes was one of my favorite 2019 reads. Honestly, everyone is probably tired of hearing me talk about it. But Nastya and Zash, of course, had to make this list. Their relationship isn't necessarily hot and heavy like some of the others on this list but it is meaningful with its hints of forbidden love. The book is also a generally kickass Anastasia retelling so I would recommend these books for that alone.
5. Another couple that made it onto my list of favorites was Aiden and Lily from 5 Years Later by Jaxson Kidman. This book was ANGST incarnate. Like it's maybe the most heart-wrenching KU romance I've ever read. There's a sense of longing for these two to get together through all the trials and tribulations. They aren't perfect by any means but I definitely think their story is worth reading about.
6. Blaire and Rush from the Fallen Too Far series by Abbi Glines will forever be faves because of my nostalgia. I read this series when I was admittedly far too young but it has been a comfort read through the years since. I frequently reread the books for these two and the obstacles they face. It may be my favorite romance book ever, or at least it's definitely my go-to.
7. Finally on this list is Hardin and Tessa from After by Anna Todd. I think everyone who knows me knows I love these books. There is no denying this relationship is toxic and a general mess, but I loved reading about these two morally grey characters who react explosively to each other. You laugh, you cry, and you switch between hating to loving them in equal turns.
If you're interested in these titles or others be sure to check out Book Depository
Follow My Bookish Adventures: